We are seeking an experienced Solutions Architect who has demonstrated experience building, maintaining, and scaling digital products. We are preparing to transition from a small, pre-launch development team to a larger, post-launch team and need the Solution Architect to prepare for that transition.
- Design, execute, utilize and maintain software engineering applications.
- Prepare all required technical proposals pertinent to software engineering.
- Administer support to internal staff from various departments.
- Supervise training and development of engineering staff.
- Assign work to software engineering personnel and evaluate plus manage their performance.
- Support to recruit engineering personnel, technical staffing and project teams formation.
- Supervise engineering deliverables.
- Manage continuing support and provide system metrics for client-facing products.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Support preparation of technology roadmap.
- Comply with all professional departmental as well as company best practices.
- Present project management backup as required.
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job function and suitably use project and software related tools.
- Report directly to the acting American CTO.
- MVC Framework (Laravel)
- Vue.js or equivalent
- Communications platform (Twilio, Pusher, etc)
- AWS environment
We are looking for a seasoned Software Solutions Architect with strong and active development skills. This is a hands-on coding position.
- English. You will be working directly with American company executives and must therefore have the ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English on all manner of subjects.
- Programming. This is the early stage of a new product, so we expect hands-on development until the team grows.
- Quality. You must be capable of testing your team’s code and finding and fixing issues before handing it off to a quality team. Initially, you will be responsible for quality assurance so we do not build up a culture of over-reliance on testers and QA teams.
- Technical Writing. You must be able to write concise and thorough technical documents for internal and external use, and mastery over creating high-quality technical diagrams and descriptions for a non-technical audience.
- Architectural Standards. The product must follow clear architectural standards to ensure easier maintenance, scaling, and modular development. You must have experience defining and implementing product level architecture.
- Remote Management. Since Prospus is fully remote, you must have the ability to manage your team fully remotely.
- Leadership. You must have a history of running high-performance engineering teams. You must be able to keep morale high, and all subordinates productive and focused, minimising downtime.
- Delivery Management. Ability to create and deliver new features and updates on-time without quality defects. Familiarity with DevOps processes and procedures.
- Product Oversight. You must have experience building out and managing product teams on established SaaS products with multiple versions for web, desktop, and mobile.
- US Work Visa. We are a US-based company with an India-based delivery center. Possible work trips to the US are possible in the future, so a valid US working or business visa would be welcome.